At Arc, we wake up every day to build a new, sustainable economic model for the web.
We believe a small, tenacious team can outrun, outmaneuver, and outperform lumbering
giants. We live it. To build that team, we're looking for non-obvious performers with
diverse backgrounds. In short, we're looking for people with grit that get things done
and want to be pivotal in an ascendant startup.
We're always looking for relentless minds -- for both engineering and other roles. Interested?
Please email us at email@example.com
. We’d love to hear from you.
🛠 Full Stack Software Engineer - Remote
We're growing, fast, and looking for full stack software engineers to help us build the
world's largest peer-to-peer network. You'll design peer-to-peer protocols, push browsers
to their limits, deploy infrastructure globally, and ship software, every day, used by
- Design and implement frontend software in the browser.
- Design and implement backend software in the cloud.
- Evaluate engineering tradeoffs.
- Design, operate, and scale global infrastructure.
- Evaluate new technologies.
- Advocate best software engineering practices.
- Communicate clearly.
That's it. Really. We don't care where, or even if, you went to school.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Linux and Kubernetes.
- Experience with cutting-edge web APIs, e.g., Service Workers, WebRTC, WebAssembly.
📈 Technical Support Engineer - Remote
Arc has exploded in growth. 100 million people join Arc's distributed network across 6,000
websites every month. We're looking for Arc's first support engineer to start, and grow,
Arc's support and customer success team.
If you enjoy both the technical and human side of engineering, we'd love to hear from you.
Say hello at .
Work is part time or full time.
Write and improve Arc's onboarding software across Arc's stack:
website (Vue), tooling
Python), and services
Write software to improve Arc's support. E.g. write
macros, and internal tools. Operate at software scale, not human scale.
Review new websites that add Arc for valid installations and appropriate content.
Sites must have organic traffic, Safe For Work (SFW) content, and not be spam or blank template sites.
Provide technical assistance to sites with incorrect or incomplete Arc installations.
Answer general support emails about Arc, settle payouts, and resolve account problems.
- Be relentless. Have a "find a way or make a way" attitude.
- Enjoy helping people. Making people happy makes you happy.
- That's it; no school or degree required.
- Understand the web and browsers.
- Excellent people skills. Communicate clearly.
- Patience and empathy.